Omeprazol 40 mg Powder fo solution for infusion.
Omeprazole, a racemic mixture of two enantiomers reduces gastric acid secretion through a highly targeted mechanism of action. It is a specific inhibitor of the acid pump in the parietal cell. It is rapidly acting and provides control through reversible inhibition of gastric acid secretion with once daily dosing. Omeprazole is a weak base and is concentrated and converted to the active form in the highly acidic environment of the intracellular canaliculi within the parietal cell, where it inhibits the enzyme H+,K+-ATPase - the acid pump. This effect on the final step of the gastric acid formation process is dose-dependent and provides for highly effective inhibition of both basal acid secretion and stimulated acid secretion, irrespective of stimulus.
Is recommended for intravenous use is indicated as an alternative to oral therapy for the following indications:
· Treatment of duodenal ulcers
· Prevention of relapse of duodenal ulcers
· Treatment of gastric ulcers
· Prevention of relapse of gastric ulcers
· In combination with appropriate antibiotics, Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) eradication in peptic ulcer disease
· Treatment of NSAID-associated gastric and duodenal ulcers
· Prevention of NSAID-associated gastric and duodenal ulcers in patients at risk
· Treatment of reflux esophagitis
· Long-term management of patients with healed reflux esophagitis
· Treatment of symptomatic gastro-esophageal reflux disease
· Treatment of Zollinger-Ellison syndrome