Esomeprazole 40 mg lyophilized powder for solution for injection/infusion
Esomeprazole for injection and infusion is indicated for:
• Gastric antisecretory treatment when the oral route is not possible, such as:
• gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) in patients with esophagitis and/or severe symptoms of reflux.
• healing of gastric ulcers associated with NSAID therapy.
• prevention of gastric and duodenal ulcers associated with NSAID therapy, in patients at risk.
• Prevention of rebleeding following therapeutic endoscopy for acute bleeding gastric or duodenal ulcers.
Esomeprazole is the S-isomer of omeprazole and reduces gastric acid secretion through a specific targeted mechanism of action. It is a specific inhibitor of the acid pump in the parietal cell. Both the R- and S-isomer of omeprazole have similar pharmacodynamic activity.
Code: A02B C05